Saturday, April 28, 2012

McLoone's Boathouse, West Orange NJ

This place is great, I discovered McLoone's on my way home from work due to a major traffic jam on the parkway. I was forced to take a different route and as much as I hate traffic I was happy on this day. I drove by and noticed it and called "Connie Corleone" right away. My next night off I called "Connie" and we went out to discover McLoone's in West Orange.

The Boathouse features American cuisine and seating inside and out, web site states 240 inside and 100 outside. Outside looks great and a awesome place to sit with your lady and order a bottle of wine and some appt's and just relax. For us the dining rooms are nice but give a feel of banquet rooms instead of a dining room. Go and eat @ the bar, this allows great seating, great service and the ability to oversee everyone as they are coming and going. Great place to people watch.  

Visit their web site to see one of the seven different offering's McLoone's has established.
Below are some photos of just two items we had. The Crab Cakes are outstanding.....

Ahi Tuna Crisps, Ahi tuna tartar mixed with chopped cucumber, scallions, & sesame seeds tossed in a soy-ginger sauce, and served on a crispy wonton

McLoone’s Crab Cakes, Our signature recipe for over 25 years. Served with basil aioli, wild rice & grilled asparagus


www.mcloonesboathouse.com

This venues gets four out of four corks

The Spaniard



No comments:

Post a Comment