Monday, April 2, 2012

il vagabondo, NY

I was watching the food network and "the best thing I've ever had" was on. As I watched Emeril Lagasse comes on and start talking about Veal parm. I've been in North Jersey for a year now and still have not found a good veal parm. He started describing the veal parm @ il vagabondo, by the time he was done I had already googled it for directions. I called "Connie Corleone" and told her I had a surprise for her for lunch....


Originally Il Vagabondo was a bar for the local clientele of this predominantly Italian neighborhood. The locals would drop by for an espresso and more often than not an espresso corretto and a game of bocce. To be in accordance with the liquor laws the establishment starting serving food, mostly simple sandwiches and then the occasional plate of pasta. Before long more than the locals were stopping by at this unique establishment for a refreshment and a bite to eat. Emeril, thank you very much.....love this place. Wed site below, this place is a must.

www.ilvagabondo.com

This venues get four out of four corks

The Spaniard

No comments:

Post a Comment