Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene, NJ

Hola my fellow foodies, as we all prepare for hurricane Irene I view this as being a great romantic opportunity.  I was very surprised to hear our Governor shut down South Jersey, I feel it was a great choice due to the pending hurricane coming and to see NYC shut down is amazing.  I felt like I was watching Chef Gordon Ramsey say "Shut it Down...Shut the City's down, Everyone Out".  So of course I did my due diligence's of going out to the local supermarket and picking up the essentials, aka...water, batteries, matches, peanut butter, bread, ice and cold cuts and I also prepared my car with an emergency travel kit and filled the gas tank....I'm set and ready.  

The foodie in me felt the supermarket and headed right out to the local cheese and chacurity store and then paid a visit to my local wine store. As much as many people see this as inconvenience and burden I see it more as a great romantic opportunity with my lady.  I'm hoping the power goes out so I can light up the house with candles, break out my batteries operated CD player and then open a bottle of 2001 Rubicon Estate Cask, break out the olive oil, Artisan cheese and plate up the chacurity....Love it, I hope the powers out for a week. An instant stay home vacation.

To all my fellow foodies, make a negitive into a possitive....light the candles, tell her you love her and enjoy.

PS. More babies are born 9 months after any blackout and or power failure, have fun.....

The Spaniard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment