Thursday, February 24, 2011

Garces Trading Company, Philadelphia

Being Spanish I really enjoy tapas dining, it's just so inviting. Hands down my favorite eatery in Philly is Amada. Having eight different concepts throughout the city ranging from authentic Spanish tapas, modern Mexican, Asian and even Catalan cuisine. In the Culianry world you either lead, follow or get overtaken. Jose Garces has an amazing arsenal, the man is not just an Iron Chef but a God....

Their is so much about this place I like. The cheeses, charcuterie, bakery, desserts, olive oils and most of all the in-house state run wine room. This is a great amenity the restaurant has, pick from over 200 different kinds of wine and have it uncorked and enjoy while you dive into a great menu.

My winebeau and I stopped in for lunch and the menu explodes with vibrant beautiful dishes. From the cheeses to the pizza it just reads with fresh ingredients. To start we had the Chef's selection of cheeses and charcuterie, outstanding and it's amazing how separately so many items just don't taste well but when you simply combine them together it's like a party in your mouth. Our next course was a pizza and they are all amazing, from the Margarita to the Pancetta or my favorite the Paleta Iberico, cured pork shoulder and figs.....thin crust and just a pleasure to eat. Our next course was the Lyonnaise Duck salad, duck confit with a perfectly prepared poached egg with bacon lardons and a mustard vinaigrette. I haven't had something this devine in my mouth since my prom night.....

I love all of his restaurants and concepts not because I'm Spanish but because it's a place that any foodie can go and have a fun day enjoying all the different dishes. I'm a true Garces fan and look forward to his next adventure.

Muchas Gracias for a great day......

No comments:

Post a Comment