Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Frog and the Peach Restaurant New Brunswick NJ

You have to visit this place. it's outstanding. As a foodie one of the best things in our industry to do is R&D. This restaurant is voted one of the top 25 in NJ and I couldn't agree more.

I recommend visiting the bar for a specialty cocktail to start the evening. We sat in the garden room and the decor and feel of the room was perfect. I tend to treat myself to a very good bottle of wine when I know I'm in for a special night. The bread and butter set up was great, the butter had dill in it and it was soft....so many restaurant serve you butter and it's hard and doesn't spread. Our butter was perfect. I tend to not foucus on the bread and butter to ensure I save room for the culinary feast I'm about to enjoy.

For our first course we ordered the Pan Fried Quail & the Saffron Risotto, what a way to start the night. Both items feft me wanting more and the French wine I selected was a perfect fit. As a second course we shared the Frisee salad, the wild boar sopressata was a home run in the salad. For dinner we had the grilled Mahi Mahi with sweet potato and chorizo fondue.....need I say more. Our other entree was a grilled Pork Loin Chop with fennel and country ham w/ a mustard Jus......the fennel added so much to the dish, it was not  overwhelming. For dessert we shared the Banana Praline Semifreddo.

As a foodie I tend to over think the dishes sometimes, simply said this was a great memorable dining experience and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment