Saturday, June 30, 2012

Emeril's Delmonico, New Orleans

This blog is very difficult for me because of who it is, Emeril Lagasse.
It's breaking my heart but I feel he need to know so he can address the issues.

When looking up restauants to visit I was so happy when I noticed Emeril had a venue in New Orleans.  I called right away and made a reservation three weeks in advance to ensure we'd get in.  The young lady that took our reservation was very polite.  Our reservation was for seven so we arrived a bit early so we could visit the bar for happy hour and enjoy the piano player.  A pianio player is a great touch and I'm always so happy when I find a restaurants that offers it insstead of just adding two more tables to try to increase revenues. I highly recommend going to the bar for their happy hour and dive right into the menu, signature cocktails, $4 Stoli Martinis and an awsome bar snacks.  In retrospeck we should have stayed @ the bar.  I give the bar experience 4 out of 4 corks in my book.

Upon entering the restaurant the valet gents greated us and made us feel great, as they open the door to the restaurant I was so looking forward to having a great experience.  When we arrived @ the podium the hostess was nice but she was wearing a cheap looking Cardigan, very inappropriate for this type of restaurant.  As we enjoyed our liebations @ the bar we noticed the hostess walking a couple thru the kitchen to their table, at this point I got very excited that we'd be able to see the kitchen.

It was time to eat and I went to the podium and the hostess walked us thru the kitchen to our table. She walked us right into a banquet room, I was crushed.... The food and service was great but the ambience and atmosphere of the "banquet" room was not very disapointing.


The Spaniard


No comments:

Post a Comment