Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spuntino, Clifton NJ

The Meaning of the Word Tapas

A 'tapa' is a 'lid' or 'cover'. In the early days of tapas, a slice of cheese or ham was given with your drink and placed over your drink. There is some debate over why exactly this was done:

  • To keep out the flies.
  • To hide the smell of the bad wine.
  • To keep the wind from blowing your drink everywhere.

For me my whole life I simulated Tapas with Spanish, never thought I would
see it in a Italian Restaurant. Times have changes and over the years I come
to realize that the even though the word is Spanish and it all our!!!!, it's more
about the kind of serving offered, aka small plates.....



I must commend Spuntino's in Clifton, they did a great job
offering "Tapas" and the place looks great. Nice lighting, great atmosphere
and who doesn't love an open kitchen.

                       

www.spuntinowinebar.com

This venues get four out of four corks in my book

The Spaniard

No comments:

Post a Comment