Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tuckahoe Inn, Beesley's Point

I've been to the Tuckahoe Inn many times over the past years but the last time we went we really had a bad dining experience. I wrote it off as just a bad night. We went again last week and I must say that I was very dissatisfied. They really need to change their menu and get out of the 80's.

As we sat down the table was rocking and I had to use some sugar packets to stabilize the table. The bus boy brought over the bread basket and it just confirmed my feeling's that we had traveled back in time as if I was in a twilight zone episode, the cold loaf of bread in the wicker basket served with rock hard butter pc's. We ordered a couple of glasses of house Pinot Noir from the waitress and it was a horrible glass of wine and the glass was soapy. I'm sure the bottle didn't cost them more then three dollars. For our first course we ordered the Steamed Clams and a cup of New Jersey Clam Chowder. Both were very good but I was upset to see our salad on the tray stand waiting for us to finish our first course. For our entrees we had Chef Tyson's Crab Cakes and the Veal Piccata, the crab cakes were OK, (clearly the presentation hasn't changed since the opening). You can always tell when the veal is good when you can cut it with your fork, I needed a steak knife to cut my veal and it was very tough and chewy and the piccata sauce was also a gelantinous mess on the plate.

I was looking forward to having a nice cup of coffee with his famous New Orleans Bread pudding. I was very upset to be served a cold block of bread pudding....how does something go from being so good at one time to being so sadly presented.

The Tuckahoe Inn was a great restaurant at one point but clearly the years have caught up to them. Every restaurant needs to change with the times and continue to offer different concepts and amenities.

The Spaniard

No comments:

Post a Comment