Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sante Wine Bar, Asheville NC

Serving lunch and dinner, Santé Wine Bar and Tap Room is a European style wine bar featuring wines by the glass and bottle with flights and light fare including cheese boards, dips, salads and sweets.  Wine-lovers at Santé were recently treated to a cutting-edge concept in winemaking: wine from a keg.  Santé’s keg system is the first in the state to feature twelve taps solely dedicated to wine, and it’s an idea whose time has come.


 
This is a great place to take a break from all the walking around and simple relax and get a awesome glass of wine. I was very excited to try the tap wines and see just how good they could be. My lady had the Sainsbury Rose and I had the King's Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir, both right from the tap and tasted fresh, very refreshing and crisp.
 
Call me old fashion but I feel they need to work on displaying the wines better. I truly enjoyed the wines from the tap but it was missing the beauty of displaying the wines and showing the bottles. When you are just looking directly @ a tap you seem to loose the romance that one builds up with drinking wine. I love the concept but just feel we need to respect the wines more and do a better job displaying them. I listed their web site for your review.
 
 
 
The Spaniard

No comments:

Post a Comment